Friday, December 25, 2015

Differentiate Between Sickness and Anxiety

So, very often I struggle figuring out if I'm just having anxiety or I'm actually sick. One way that I can tell if I'm just feeling anxious is if the more I think about it the more symptoms I feel.

If you begin feeling sick, write down how you are feeling. Say something like "I'm having difficulties breathing and I'm dizzy". Then, a little later, write how you are feeling again. If your list has more symptoms than before, you are probably feeling anxious. When anxious thoughts get out of control your whole body can be taken over and trick you into feeling sick.

Think about things rationally. This is much easier said than done, but trust me, it helps a lot. I'm 16 years old, and I've had a stomach bug twice in my life. So when I do the math and figure out that I've been alive for about 6,059 days, and 3 of those days were spent with sickness, then what are the chances of it happening again, right now? Well, I guess the chances are 3 in 6,059! That always makes me feel better.

Try to understand why you think you're sick. Were you around someone sick? Did you eat something bad? Did you expose yourself to germs and not properly clean yourself after? Almost all of the time, I can't think of something that could have made me sick.

Just take a hot shower and put on clean clothes. Then, what I do often times is take an AirBorne tablet, which are over-the-counter pills that are meant to strengthen your immune system. I'll also have an Emergen-C, which is another immunity booster, but it's a powder that is stirred into water(it actually tastes really good-- I like the raspberry and the lemon lime!). Another thing that I'll do is eat a greek yogurt. I don't particularly like yogurt, but is supposed to be really good at replacing the good germs in your stomach that help fight off diseases.

Here are links to my favorite immunity-boosting products:
http://www.amazon.com/Airborne-Vitamin-Citrus-Chewable-Tablets/dp/B0096YTCFK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1451078239&sr=8-5&keywords=airborne+tablets
http://www.amazon.com/Emergen-C-Vitamin-Supplement-Raspberry-Tropical/dp/B004L56DT2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1451078280&sr=8-2&keywords=emergen+c

Good luck, I hope you get through this without getting sick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment